- This event has passed.
Malbec Day Events
April 23 All day
World Malbec Day may have originated in Buenos Aires, but it has become famous here on Chicken Dinner Road!
Malbec is truly a favorite at Huston Vineyards, and each year we celebrate this amazing varietal with a fun day of events. This special varietal deserves its own day, and you can be a part of it. Bring some friends and be among the first to taste the brand new 2020 Malbec. We have two ways you can join the party, keep reading for details.
SOLD OUT – World Malbec – Lawn Party
- When: Saturday, April 23 | 12:00 – 4:00 PM
- Where: Huston Production Facility – Lawn (Weather Permitting)
- What: Boon Farm to Fork will be serving Lamb al Asador bowls with potatoes, squash and greens from Little Buddy farm, with a spiced yogurt sauce or Chimichurri.
Live music with the Broken Tip Jar Band will set a festive mood for sipping in the sunshine!
We will be debuting the brand new 2020 vintage Huston Malbec, and guests will receive a commemorative glass to take home.
- Price: $40 ($35 for club members)
SOLD OUT – World Malbec – Dinner
- When: Saturday, April 23 | 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Where: Huston Production Facility – 16755 Chicken Dinner Road
- What: Chef Nate Lindskoog from the Tower Grill in Nampa will prepare a traditional Argentinian style meal on-site. Nate gets inspiration from famed Argentinian Chef, Francis Mallmann, and is excited to be back at this event once again.
Live music by Ben Burdick
• Argentine Griddled Cheese – Eden Creamery Halloumi, served with charred red onion & garlic parsley oil, with charred bread
• Malbec Salad – Peppery Arugula, earthy roasted beets, Cara Cara orange slices, toasted slivered almonds, creamy Feta cheese, with Malbec vinaigrette.
• Malbec Basted “All Day Lamb” – Idaho lamb slowly roasted whole over an open fire, basted with rosemary, garlic & sea salt. Served with smoked sausage, chimichurri, crispy gaucho potatoes, and fire charred vegetables.
• Pionono with Dulce de Leche & Strawberries – Argentine style sponge cake stuffed with fresh strawberries, and dulce de leche, topped with fresh whipped cream.
- Price: $95 ($90 for club members)
If you’ve been to Huston, you know we are crazy about Malbec. Our Malbec has been a shining star in our Snake River Valley Series, consistently winning awards in competitions in Idaho and throughout the US. Malbec is a varietal that grows very well in the Snake River Valley AVA and is gaining momentum year by year.
You can learn about the history of Malbec in our blog post or purchase our Malbec online.
Huston Vineyards Production Facility
16477 Chicken Dinner Rd.
Caldwell, 83607 United States