“River of No Return” Salmon River rafting trip
August 1 @ 7:00 pm - August 6 @ 2:00 pm
Join Huston Vineyards and Idaho Adventures for the “River of No Return” Salmon River rafting trip!
Join Gregg and Mary for a spectacular wilderness adventure featuring days filled with rafting, fishing and exploring the Idaho backcountry. Evenings are spent fireside enjoying time with friends and family, while discovering why Huston’s premium Idaho wines are so popular!
Your gourmet river cuisine will be personally and expertly paired by Gregg and Mary with their award-winning wines grown in Idaho’s Snake River Valley Viticulture Area as you travel through 82-miles of the Frank Church “River of No Return” wilderness. The main Salmon River carves its way through the heart of one of the largest wilderness areas in the United States and the second deepest canyon in North America.
You’ll find the distractions of day-to-day city life simply do not exist here. At times you’ll plunge through rapids or gently glide through peaceful sections past remnants of Native American and early pioneer settlements–abandoned homesteads, cabins and early mines. The Main Salmon is warmer than most mountain rivers, and there are plenty of rapids of varying difficulty from splashy Class II runs to adrenaline pumping Class IV drops at Black Creek, Bailey, Split Rock, Big Mallard and Elkhorn. Campsites along the river are on big sandy beaches shaded by beautiful Ponderosa and Douglas fir. All our guides are licensed and experienced and are there to make sure that your adventure is enjoyable and safe. Idaho Adventures has been showing guests the wonders of the Salmon River since 1973!
Your Salmon River Rafting Trip Includes:
- • Talented and experienced guides who can share local river knowledge, river folklore, and who are personable and great with families. Our guides will also take you on spectacular hikes, choose beautiful campsites, and will assist in every way to create lasting memories
- • All meals, snacks and beverages while on the river and camping gear (nice tents, freshly laundered sleeping bags and pillows, etc).
- • Wonderful award-winning Idaho wines from Huston Vineyards perfectly paired with gourmet river cuisine.
- • Fireside grilling includes Dutch oven baked breads, desserts and more… The guides will also share their Dutch oven secrets for those who would like to try it at home.
- • Fishing, fly or spin, cutthroat, bass, sturgeon and rainbows. We also can give fly casting instruction by our highly skilled, licensed and bonded guides. Upon request we can also supply fishing gear.
Rafting Trip Itinerary:
August 1, 7pm – Group Orientation
Meet at Idaho Adventures Headquarters–conveniently located right next to Salmon’s motels at 10 Courthouse Dr., Salmon, Idaho. Note: Overnight rates in Salmon estimate $95.00/double-occupancy.
August 2, 8am – Departure (Launch Day)
Meet at Idaho Adventures’ office or arrange to be picked up at your motel for transportation to the Salmon River’s launch site. Once there you will join your experienced river guides for a fun and exciting river adventure.
August 6 – Final Day
After a great trip you will depart the river right after lunch. Logistics for individuals will be prearranged prior to trip departure.
Interested? Contact Idaho Adventures for ticket price and availability. Or call 1-800-789-9283.
Cost is &1750/adult and $1335/youth under 16.