CHICKEN DINNER WINES
CHICKEN DINNER: ON THE ROAD TO PREMIUM IDAHO WINE
How did Chicken Dinner Road get its name? Years back, well before pavement, it seems a legendary cook invited an unsuspecting Idaho governor to dinner. Following the sign pointing to the chicken dinner, the governor arrived and soon realized that more than chicken was on the table. Accompanied with mashed potatoes was a proposal: in exchange for a great dinner, see to it that the cook’s rutted old farm road was properly oiled. The governor’s options seemed a bit hard to swallow—leave before the apple pie was served, or find a way to help the cook. The evening ended, resulting in a full governor, a happy cook and a legendary road name.
The Chicken Dinner Wine series are made from our vineyards in conjunction with premier vineyards in the Northwest. Our brand promise with Chicken Dinner is to provide a premium Idaho wine that is crafted from fruit from the Northwest and undergoes the same level of quality that we create with our Huston wines. Our whimsical, country label adorns a seriously outstanding wine that has become a real favorite in the Northwest.
- 89 pts | 2015 Chicken Dinner Red, Wine Enthusiast
- 2X GOLD | 2016 Chicken Dinner White, Cascadia Wine Competition
- SILVER | 2013 Chicken Dinner Red, Sunset International Wine Competition
- GOLD | 2016 Chicken Dinner Rosé, Cascadia Wine Competition
- GOLD | 2014 Chicken Dinner White, Sunset International Wine Competition
- GOLD | 2015 Chicken Dinner Red, Idaho Wine Competition